Saturday, December 24, 2011

vintage skateboard...BEST Christmas ever?...


hit-up the local skatepark today...sunny and mild, unusual for a Christmas Eve here in Kentucky...takes me back to an equally mild day, 1974 Christmas Day, Toms River NJ...perhaps my favorite Christmas ever (at least in my first 15 years), for under the tree, was my first "Dream Skateboard" and the catalyst that has led to a life-long passion...I had seen this skateboard many times on my visits to Grogs Surf Palace in nearby Seaside...the Logan Earth-Ski, custom built with Chicago Trucks and Cadillac Wheels...Thirty Inches of pure white birchwood with the newest and hottest urethane wheels on the market...I didn't think my parents got the skateboard thing and at about $100 (real money back in 1974) I was certain I'd never see such a present under the tree...I bet I rode that thing for 14 hours that day!...of course I've had better Christmas mornings since then, but that one sure makes me smile everytime I skate...

No comments:

Post a Comment